Double Commander is a cross-platform open source file manager with two panels side-by-side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas. Here are some key features of Double Commander:
- Unicode support
- All operations working in background
- Multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface
- Custom columns
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax highlighting
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR more...
- [Language translation] spelling and grammar errors - resolved.
- [File operations] Cannot unzip n files to current dir - resolved.
- [Plugins] DC get freezing on openig multipart RAR archives - resolved.
- [Graphical user interface] Can't type numbers on file name on copy/move dialog - resolved.
- [Plugins] Plugin including the Interfaces unit crashes DC more...
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Support for earlier OS'es and Intel32 in Related Links