How to install Macs Fan Control
- Download the Macs Fan application.
- Look in your Downloads folder with Finder and locate the Zip file.
- Double click on the Zip file and extract the app.
- Drag the Mac Fans Control app to the folder of your choice, such as applications.
- The app is now installed, and you can run it by clicking on the icon.
How does Macs Fan Control Work
Macs Fan Control works by controlling the speed of your Mac’s fan controllers. These are electronic devices that are built into the motherboard of your Mac. These fan controllers are normally coupled to a thermal sensor which increases the fan speed when the temperature of the system increases. Macs Fan Controller has direct access to the fan controllers and allows you to manually set the desired speeds that you want.
How to set up Macs Fan Control
- You must first install the Macs Fan Control app.
- Open the Macs Fan Control app.
- Once the app is open you can select a constant RPM value for each fan, or a temperature-based speed.
- Once you have established how fast you would like your fans to run you can hide the app to the menu bar so that it can continue to run in the background.
Is Macs Fan Control Safe
Macs Fan Control has been available for a long time and is used extensively by Mac users. The vast majority of users have no issues with using the app, and it is indeed very safe to use. Having said that, it is important that users understand that lowering the fan speed of a device can make it run hotter than the manufacturer recommends.
What are the normal settings for Macs Fan Control
Once you have downloaded the Macs Fan Control app and launch it for the first time you will see that the app uses the auto setting for your fans. This is the default system setting, so you can start adjusting the fans for yourself once you are ready to start tweaking by clicking on the Custom button in the app.
Which temperature to look at Macs Fan Control
The primary temperature of concern in any desktop, laptop or computer is the CPU temperature. Macs are no different. The CPU0, CPU1 and CPU Proximity Sensors are very important to keep within the specified temperature rating by the manufacturer. The GPU, Battery and Ambient temperatures are also important to monitor as each component has a preferred temperature range where they run at their most efficient.
How to turn off Macs Fan Control
From inside the application simply close it like you would close any other app by clicking the red icon of the application window. If this does not kill the application, or if the application is unresponsive, then press Cmd + OPTION + Escape to open the Force Quit utility. Once the pop up appears, select Force Quite to close Macs Fan Control.
How to uninstall Macs Fan Control
Open Finder and then click on Applications on the left-hand side of the window. Locate the Macs Fan Control icon in that windows and then drag it to the Trash icon in the bottom right of your desktop. Next, open the Finder menu and select Empty Trash. This will permanently delete the item. Macs Fan Control is now uninstalled from your system.