Collins Russian Dictionary
is the essential two-in-one reference for the learner of Russian: an up-to-date dictionary and a useful grammar supplement.
The Collins Russian Dictionary offers up-to-date coverage of today’s Russian and English. Ideal for the intermediate learner of Russian.
The Collins Russian Dictionary contains:
- The Collins Russian Dictionary will help the user understand the language of the Russian media and of contemporary literature, and includes business and computing terms.
- The grammar section is a compact and useful guide, a perfect complement to the dictionary with its clear, easy-to-use layout.
- The clear layout, with special presentation of key vocabulary, ensures that users find what they are looking for quickly and easily.
- over 80,000 references and 115,000 translations
- comprehensive coverage of today's Russian and English
- special treatment of frequently-used words
- supplements on Russian pronunciation and grammar
- Read e-mails, documents and web-pages from your Mac and get Word Translations without leaving your active application by hovering mouse over a word. So you do not need to waste time on opening a program;
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English and Russian;
- Listen correct word pronunciation using built-in Sound Modules, containing pre-recorded voice of English and Russian native speakers;
- Learn foreign languages with immediate grammar reference for any word in the dictionary;
- Enrich your vocabulary choosing unknown words with bookmarks or using search history;
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using the dictionary. Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary;
- Due to our Language identifier, you no more need to change the translation direction each time you input words. Translation direction will be chosen automatically, it depends on language input;
- IntraArticle Search. Thanks to a new feature of the application, you can search for words right in the dictionary article.
- Enlarge your electronic dictionary word database by creating your own dictionaries;
- Similar Words function helps you to find a word even if you do not remember its spelling.
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for many languages;
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards search ("*", "?", etc.);
- Find the list of irregular verbs for English dictionaries.
- Keep your dictionary always up-to-date. Dictionary Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary versions available for download;
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog;
- This version of the dictionary is specifically designed to facilitate your most comfortable and efficient work with the dictionary, including hotkeys for often used operations.