Developer website: Xavier M. Jubier
Mercury Venus Transit Maestro is the most versatile and feature-rich application for Mercury and Venus transits. It can handle any solar transit over six millennium. To help you enjoy the event, it can control up to four USB or Firewire connected cameras (Nikon and Canon DSLRs, plus Nikon Coolpix line) and up to four USB or Ethernet connected SBIG CCD cameras with their filter wheels during a Mercury or Venus solar transit, so that you can be free to concentrate on observing the event visually. Actions can be preprogrammed according to a script. Observer position (latitude and longitude coordinates, altitude) is used to calculate local circumstances so that camera actions can be referenced to specific transit events. Atmospheric refraction and deltaT correction supported. Sun-Planet diagram, large event countdown display, transit color map with mouse-over geographic cursor coordinates and maximum transit diagram at the mouse-over location can also be displayed.
- Live View (Lv) mode support to allow easier focussing and exposure compensation.
- Exposure Calculator to find the best exposure for each transit event.
- Support for all Nikon and Canon DSLRs.
- Support for all SBIG CCD cameras with their filter wheels.
- Six Millennium Canon of Solar Transits.
- Weather forcasts.
- Sky chart.
- PDF exports.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Improved OS X 10.11 El Capitan compatibility
- Adjusted the ∆T value for ToM 2016 May 9
- Switched to the higher accuracy atmospheric refraction model used in Solar Eclipse Maestro
- Support of all the latest Nikon and Canon DSLRs
- Minor user interface tweaks
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and enhancements
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Support for OS X 10.4.9 or later and PPC32 available from the secondary download link