FutureBasic 5 builds Mac OS X Carbon applications (32-bit only) and command-line tools (32- and 64-bit). The FutureBasic 5 IDE consists of a syntax-aware editor, and a translator (FBtoC) that converts FB code into C code. The translation is then compiled with the clang system compilers.
Beginners can use a simplified run-time, ConsoleWindow, to write programs while not having to worry about things such as a graphical user interface (GUI) or printing. Experts can build standard Mac applications using both FB source, C and Objective-C
Support Note Technical support via the listserve (free)
Note: Requires OS X 10.6 or later running on an Intel processor.
- Completely rewritten version of 'Search Apple Headers' application
- Several FB statements now accept either Core Foundation(CF) or Pascal title strings
- Several helper functions added for the above statements to work with CF strings
- FB Help updated to reflect the new CF
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Xcode must be installed for access to the clang compiler; Xcode itself is not launched and not used while using FB.