Developer website: Michaël Fortin
Pro Picker is the ultimate color picker for Mac OS X. In particular, it is designed for those that crave an efficient color picker and know their way around basic color theory. If you ever wished having something like Photoshop's color picker available system-wide in your Mac, then your wish has been answered!
What's more, Pro Picker is completely, 100% free! (but donations are very much appreciated)
- Work with RGB and HSB values in a single, effective panel; just like Photoshop's color picker. No need to dig in submenus to find the adjustments you're looking for!
- Pro Picker is a native Mac OS X color picker plugin, which means you can use it in all apps that use the system picker: Pixelmator, ColorChooser, TextEdit, Pages, Keynote and more.
- Display fixed hue, saturation or brightness spectrums at the push of a button.
- Color sliders with live previews show you at a glance the effect they would have on the current color.
- Color spectrums are drawn manually (in opposition to using pre-rendered images like Mac OS X's image-based color picker) for maximum color fidelity at any palette size.
- Click or drag on the spectrum to choose a color. The sliders and fields update in real-time to reflect the current color values. Change a value and the spectrum updates accordingly.