GI20Editor is a software editor for the Roland GI-20 GK-MIDI guitar interface.
Besides being the only alternative to programming the device through a knob, a two digit display, and a few buttons, GI20Editor can greatly simplify the guitar/synthesizer connection experienced through the GI-20.
- Clear and easy access to all the GI-20 parameters.
- Save complete GI-20 setups as documents, for backup purposes and fast switching between different configurations.
- Import and export GI-20 dump files.
- Patch related copy, paste and swap commands.
- Direct connection to a MIDI synthesizer.
- MIDI remote control.
- On-the-fly substitution of GI-20 bank/program messages, to allow rapid testing of different sounds without the need of a "bulk load".
- String grouping options for faster editing.
- Powerful "paste special" function to apply only selected changes, possibly extending them to all patches at once.
- Optional MIDI system exclusive and bank/program change messages sent at patch selection, to properly setup the synthesizer.
- Up to 8 user defined MIDI Control Change messages for each string/channel for each patch can be sent to the "synthesizer output" device when a patch is selected or in real time.