Developer website: Valletta Ventures
Written from scratch with Ruby on Rails in mind, there is no need for a project file, just drop a Rails app folder on the dock, and your app's source files will appear in the navigation view, organised by category with related models, views and controllers grouped together.Once you've opened a project, the development server is booted, and the output will appear in the integrated console. Any errors that occur while you test the app with the built in browser are detected and it will direct you straight to the offending line of source code.
Integrated RVM support means you can test your code with any version of Ruby on Rails.
- Navigation view: Organise files in logical MVC categories to speed up navigation.
- Single window: Editing, navigation, preview and execution can all occur within RailSide's window. This works excellently with Lion's fullscreen mode.
- Jump to errors: Any errors that occur during execution of your app in RailSide's built in console are detected, and RailSide will lead you to the error in the source code.
- Navigable by keyboard: There is no need to reach for a mouse when coding.
- Git support: File statuses appear in in the navigation and browser views, and you can commit to a repository, or revert files to the last commit all within RailSide.
- RVM: Integrated support for the Ruby Version Manager. Choose the interpreter and gemset you wish to test with from within RailSide.
- rvm support
- better support for languages other than ruby
- improvements to Web view
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Ruby on Rails installed for full RailSide features