Developer website: Raj Bains
Nifty essentially adds a customizable toolbar (or popup) for every app on your system. You can configure both global and app-specific buttons which will select menu items for you, perform key combos, open files/folder/URLs, manage windows (close/minimize/activate), or even send messages to other apps.
Nifty will radically boost your productivity by making everything you do easier.
- Files, Folders and URLs. Stop clogging up your Dock and have Nifty display files and folders only when you're using apps which need them. Folders on Nifty's toolbar are fully-functional: you can drag and drop multiple files on them to move, copy, or create aliases.
- Key Combos and Menu Items. Never memorize a key combo or dig through a menu again - let Nifty remember and perform them for you.
- App Management. Trigger an app switcher to switch, quit, and hide apps, access your favorite apps, and open files via drag and drop. Nifty's toolbar can also be used to hide other apps, or quit/hide the active app.
- Window Management. Use Nifty to Activate (bring to front), close, and minimize the active app's windows.
- Developer Actions. Nifty can send messages to other apps. If a developer chooses to add support, they can have their application do just about anything in response to button clicks.
- Create both global and app-specific button layouts.
- Drag and drop files on folder buttons to move, make a copy, or create aliases.
- Hold down modifier keys to perform a wide variety of time-saving actions.
- Use built-in images, the icon of a file or folder, or an image.
- Customize Nifty by changing the size of the toolbar and popup buttons, editing and re-arranging favorite apps, changing color themes, changing how button titles and tooltips are shown, hiding/adjusting the Nifty robot overlay, toggling between a horizontal and vertical bar, and more!
Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later