Developer website: Vitaliy Pronkin
In its simplest form Planito can be used as online and offline viewer for OpenStreetMap-family maps. But there are many more layers available with interesting and useful data for travelers, students and teachers, scientists. Here are only some of them: Wikimapia.org objects, Booking.com hotels, current temperature from weather stations all over the world, US Topo Maps, UNESCO World Heritage sites. Thanks to extensible architecture more and more layers will become available for existing and new users.
- Layered display - you decide what information you want to see
- Multitouch navigation, Lion fullscreen mode
- Bookmarks, Search, Offline mode
- Support for autoupdating layers with dynamic data (eg. temperature data, earthquakes, etc.)
- Tile Downloader to download specified area and zoom levels for offline usage, supporting simultaneous downloading of tiles for different layers or areas
* Own URL protocol to easily share links to points of interest (also handles NASA WorldWind links)
- Paste & Go feature that accepts links from many browser-based map services
Planito is a direct successor of popular cross-platform GIS application, WW2D. Planito loads and visualizes data from various data sources. All data copyright respective owners. Some data sources may be inaccessible from time to time.
- New modern UI
- World now wraps horizontally
- Two types of grids: coordinate-based and distance-based
- Better detection and rendering of selected feature (under mouse pointer)