Developer website: Bonadies Creative Inc.
LetterMpress gives you the experience of producing your designs on a letterpress -- placing and arranging type on the press bed, inking, and then turning the hand crank to make a print.
Every step in the printing process is replicated on the Mac, to give you an authentic, interactive experience.
Try something new. Experiment. Have fun! You'll soon see why the art and craft of letterpress is becoming so popular.
LetterMpress is easy to learn and fun to do, but it's not a toy. Create designs with authentic wood type and vintage "art cuts." You can mix custom colors and make multiple impressions on a single sheet. The specially designed studio environment lets you create and save several variations.
Once you have created your prints you can print, copy, or export. The files can be opened or imported by most popular graphics applications, allowing you to integrate authentic wood type and art impressions into your design palette.
With LetterMpress you can create:
- Fine art posters
- Event posters and mailers
- Music CD covers
- Greeting cards
- Scrapbook covers and interior pages
- Framed wall art, and more
- 5 additional typefaces: Caslon, Devinne, Fanfare, German Gothic, Hebrew Sans.
- Fanfare and German Gothic include German characters like eszett and standalone diacritics like acute, grave, circumflex, and umlaut.
- Hebrew Sans represents a complete basic set of the Hebrew alphabet.
- 14 new pieces of art including linocuts created by artist Lisa Kesler.
- Fixed printing of ligature 'fi' in Bodoni Ultra.
- Fixed printing of 'Exclamation' in Bradley and Old Style