TS870RC is for radio amateurs and ham radio.
I am a fan of the Kenwood TS-870 ham radio transceiver. What I missed was a straight remote control app for OS X, so I started to develope one. Here it is, it covers some main functions:
- Serial data baudrate selectable between 9600 and 57600.
- Power button to switch TS-870 on/off by the software.
- OSX speech synthesis voice feedback.
- Simple quick note "logbook" in csv/ssv format.
- Amateur radio band selector.
- Frequency control.
- Mode selector.
- Receiver bandwidth selector.
- Antenna and more...
- 10k frequency up/down keys: Step spacing 3 kHz added.
- RIT added to transverter panel and Radio-menu, RX +- offset in 10 Hz steps.
- New shortkey for RIT = „R", RF Gain shortkey changed to „G".
- Some minor improvements and fixes.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB-Serial converter necessary to connect TS-870 to the Mac