TS870RC is for radio amateurs and ham radio.
I am a fan of the Kenwood TS-870 ham radio transceiver. What I missed was a straight remote control app for OS X, so I started to develope one. Here it is, it covers some main functions:
- Serial data baudrate selectable between 9600 and 57600.
- Power button to switch TS-870 on/off by the software.
- OSX speech synthesis voice feedback.
- Simple quick note "logbook" in csv/ssv format.
- Amateur radio band selector.
- Frequency control.
- Mode selector.
- Receiver bandwidth selector.
- Antenna and more...
- VSWR test button added, 2 sec TX auto setup reading SWR value.
- Analog meter: S-Meter panel now slightly smaller while scale is slightly bigger.
- RIT offset now showing in main window display.
- Some minor improvements and fixes.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB-Serial converter necessary to connect TS-870 to the Mac