Developer website: Norbyte
It supports 32-bit float/channel HDR, which permits adjustments to be made back and forth without losing quality.
There is also a revolutionary new pattern editing mode, which puts the old technique of using a so called "Offset Filter" to achieve seamless tiles to shame.
When switching on the repeat function in Rainbow Painter (horizontally, vertically or both), not only will the image be displayed repeatedly, but all effects support this mode and brush strokes will continue over the edges when drawing.
- [New Feature] You can now choose between several different user interface color schemes in the View menu.
- [Improvement] The animation of the user interface buttons is now optional and can be toggled in the View menu.
- [Improvement] Clicking on the title of a window or menu to close or minimize it will now work only if it's the currently selected window, to make this feature more intuitive.
- [Improvement] You can now choose between soft and regular versions of the rectangle and ellipse tools found in the Shapes and Selection categories.
- [Improvement] The selected tool is now displayed in a larger font and you can click it to change to a different tool.
- [Bugfix] In Fullscreen Mode, the inactivity handler put extra load on the CPU (the opposite of what it was supposed to do).
- [Bugfix] Sometimes when quitting, the program would freeze and wait for additional user input.
- [Bugfix] Some tools (Painting, Distortion, Airbrush) could produce faulty HDR colors if used with a large brush with high softness.
- [Bugfix] The color adjustment dialog could cause the program to freeze if displaying extreme HDR values.
- [Misc.] Some other minor improvements and bugfixes.