MP4tools is an offshoot of the current version of the popular conversion tools called MKVtools. It is an OS X application used for the creation and editing of MP4 videos. It was primarily designed for processing videos files for use in hardware capable of playing MP4 or M4V videos, such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and PS3. As the name might imply, MP4tools is a graphical interface for a variety of "tools" useful for processing video files.
- Convert from a variety of video file formats like MKV, MP4, OGM, and AVI into MP4 videos.
- Can convert most videos without having to re-encode
- Fixed a bug that prevented joining files
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when a large number of files were edited
- Some minor GUI changes with the Edit Files tab functionality
- Added a Debug Mode option in preferences to turn on logging to the console app
- Fixed a bug that could prevent metadata searches from launching properly
- OS X 10.9 or later