Developer website: Open Source
Wormhole2 lets you route audio via a network, between any computers you've got handy (Mac or PC). Offload CPU intensive plugins to another machine, send audio via airport to the other side of a campus or in performance on stage sharing audio with the band. Lots of possibilities!
- Audio Unit and VST plugin for Mac OS X and VST for Windows
- Transmits audio over UDP
- Super Low Latency on a LAN
- One 44 kHz Mono Channel requires 175 kBit/sec
- Works with any Network Interface (Ethernet, Firewire, Airport)
- Works with any Audio Units host such as Logic, Garageband, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer, Soundtrack, Metro, ...
- Can be used on a single machine to send audio between applications or to send audio between multiple computers.
- was a plasq project - Opensourced October 2007
- Mac OSX 10.3 or later
- AU or VST compatible host application
- A network interface
- A working network connection