is a simple tool that checks your media files for audio clipping.
- Report the clipping status of the current playing track from iTunes
- Support Growl notification when both Growl and Growlnotify are installed
- It only works on DRM free media.
- It only checks media for clipping and report the number of clips to you, so you can be aware of the issue.
- It does not fix the clipping problem.
- It only works on files, you can drag multiple files onto the icon at once.
- It does not work on iTunes library meta file or folders.
- More info about clipping, dynamic range compression and the loudness war: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war