Note: Whiteboard is no longer under development, and it is no longer available for download
Whiteboard is the easy-to-use collaborative drawing app for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Mac. Two users can create pictures together over local Wi-Fi peer-to-peer. To use wireless collaboration, at least one user should be using Whiteboard for iOS, available on the iOS App Store:
- Whiteboard Lite: Collaborative Drawing (Free)
- Whiteboard Pro: Collaborative Drawing
- Whiteboard VGA Out
Connect without an access point. You can create and use a Computer-to-Computer Wi-Fi network.
Create unique collaborative art.
- When one person's artistic skills aren't quite enough, combine your painting abilities with Whiteboard!
- Easy-to-use interface similar to paint and graffiti.
- Two devices can simultaneously draw on the same canvas in real-time.
- Bonjour wireless networking over Wi-Fi.
- Adjustable marker width.
- "Brush" preview to see what you're getting before you start sketching.
- Compatible with Mac OS X. Connect with the iOS version of Whiteboard running on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Try many potential uses.
- The peer-to-peer networking feature enables a certain class of multiplayer games, like Connect 4, Tic-Tac-Toe, Dots, and more.
- It's also useful for quickly visualizing ideas: I used it myself this way, putting into visible form an icon layout I had in mind. It's almost like using a graphics tablet!
- The possibilities are endless; it's like having a whiteboard wherever you go.
- You can adjust your line width with the slider in the color selection window.
- To use the networking feature, you must be connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as an iOS device running Whiteboard. Ensure that the device is connected to the same wifi access point so that you can connect!