PyCharm is a Python IDE with complete set of tools for productive development with the Python programming language. In addition, the IDE provides high-class capabilities for professional Web development with the Django framework.
PyCharm is available on a subscription basis for $199 per year. See the pricing page for more options.
Following the release of version 3, PyCharm forked into two paths: a free, Open-Source Community Edition; and the commercial, full-featured Professional Edition. Here are a few highlights of
- Support for the 'six' library for Python 2 & 3 compatibility
- Faster debugger for Python 3.6
- New and improved test runner 'Data View' window, for viewing Numpy arrays, and Pandas DataFrames
- Improved Python tests discovery
- Option to emulate terminal in python output console
- Remote Jupyter Notebook sessions
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Python 2.4 or later, Jython, PyPy, or IronPython