PyCharm is a Python IDE with complete set of tools for productive development with the Python programming language. In addition, the IDE provides high-class capabilities for professional Web development with the Django framework.
Following the release of version 3, PyCharm forked into two paths: a free, Open-Source Community Edition; and the commercial, full-featured Professional Edition. Here are a few highlights of the different forks:
- Full-featured IDE for Python & Web development
- Supports Django, Flask, Google App Engine, Pyramid, web2py more...
- a few fixes for performance problems
- a number of fixes for Docker support
- fixes for integrated Debugger and Profiler
- a fix for Django project creation
- fixes for Python inspections
- numerous platform and web development improvements
- OS X 10.5 or later
- JDK 6
- Python 2.4 or later, Jython, PyPy, or IronPython