- Menu bar item (located near your clock, battery level etc.) shows you at-a-glance if you have unread messages, notifications or friend requests
- Quickly scan the titles of messages and notifications in the menu
- No need to keep Facebook open all the time in your browser… great when at work!
- Quick access to Facebook News Feed and Inbox
- Optional dock badge showing your unread message and notification count
- Facebook Alerter now runs without a Dock icon by default. The Dock icon can be re-enabled through the application preferences.
- The log in window is now only displayed on the first launch of the application. Subsequent application launches will attempt to log in without any windows displaying.
- Situations without an active network connection are now handled gracefully.
RequirementsMac OS X 10.6.6 or later
*Previously available here