Developer website: Exant Software
ExaChess Lite is a freeware version of ExaChess, a full-featured chess database. ExaChess Lite allows up to 256 games per file, reading and storing Chessbase (CBF) and PGN formats among others, and can be used with a variety of chess engines to play computer games or annotate existing games.
- Improved opening tree display (smoothed fonts etc)
- Engine analysis (during Analyze, Annotate, or Play) is now shown over two lines at the bottom of the move list, above the status line; Show Opening Tree or Show Captured Pieces get toggled off while engine analysis is being shown.
- Fixed bug: Preferences now correctly retained between launches
- Fixed bug: Opening a UTF-16- encoded file (or pasting UTF-16 text into a new game) now handled better
- Fixed bug: Play > Annotate is now checked when an annotation is in progress; selecting it a second time cancels the annotation (as does typing cmd-period)
- Fixed bug: Show Opening Tree and Find Position again default to using the selected databases in the All Databases window if no suitable database window is open
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later