Microcosm is a screen saver that takes users on a trip down a kaleidoscope field of gooey, animated gizmos. Meanwhile, the gizmos fly around and change colors. Microcosm can be configured to either focus on animating a single gizmo, or showing the full kaleidoscope effect.
- Microcosm now runs at full resolution on Retina displays.
- Microcosm now has a thumbnail icon in System Preferences under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and later.
- Dropped PowerPC support. This version is Intel-only.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Any Intel GMA, AMD Radeon, or nVidia GeForce card or later
- Strongly recommended: any Mac with 2 or more CPU cores