is an IRC client for Mac OS X. I started writing SNET IRC back in 2004, but never released it as a product until now.
Why yet another IRC client for the Mac? I was dissatisfied with all the other clients. Most of them place too much emphasis on features like scripting and supporting arcane "/" commands. The Mac OS is a GUI OS and has been since 1984, and the best Mac OS programs reflect this. Although some better clients have come around since 2004, I figure maybe someone will benefit from the work I put into this one.
- DCC Chat & File support.
- SSL support.
- Multiple text encoding support, including Unicode.
- NickServ identify support.
- Mac-like interface. Each server is represented by one window. Channels are loaded in the same window. Private messages appear in separate windows, like iChat.
- Minimal support for "/" commands.
- No scripting support. Regular people who just want to chat don't need special scripting. Frees up time to work on improving other aspects of the program.
- Built-in updating feature only downloads the files necessary to update your copy (about 1.6 MB instead of 4.5 MB in most cases). Saves time on slower connections.
- Optional mIRC colors supported for channel list and channel topic. Colors are stripped from chat.
- Right click on file names in DCC Fservs to download file or enter directory (experimental).