1) It makes your screen red. Red affects your night vision less than other colours.
2) It can darken the screen. It does this by reducing the backlight, and also darkening the colours on screen. It can go Very dark.
RedScreen controls the video hardware directly, so it works with all applications and it restores the system to your original settings as soon as you close the program. It's very simple to use. Press the
- Redesigned interface
- Auto-update added. The application will now check for updates regularly.
- Many more enhancements.
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Red filter and darkening should work with any screen
- Backlight controls require a compatible Apple LCD screen