APCUPSD
APCUPSD
3.14.8

0.0

APCUPSD free download for Mac

APCUPSD

3.14.8
04 January 2010

Power management and control of APC UPS units.

Overview

APCUPSD (APC UPS Daemon) can be used for power mangement and controlling most of APC\'s UPS models. Apcupsd works with most of APC\'s Smart-UPS models as well as most simple signalling models such a Back-UPS, and BackUPS-Office. During a power failure, apcupsd will inform the users about the power failure and that a shutdown may occur. If power is not restored, a system shutdown will follow when the battery is exhausted, a timeout (seconds) expires, or runtime expires based on internal APC calculations determined by power consumption rates. Apcupsd is licensed under the GPL version 2.

What's new in APCUPSD

Version 3.14.8:
  • Major update to win32 version of apctray. Includes many visual and usability improvements to match OS X version.
  • apctest now supports battery calibration and self-test interval control on USB models. Many thanks to James Belleau for contributing these features.
  • New SNMP driver that does not require libsnmp.so, thus eliminating issues with not finding the library during shutdown when /usr has been unmounted. The new driver is the default for \'UPSTYPE snmp\'. The old driver is still available as \"UPSTYPE netsnmp\" if needed.
  • Add missing NOMINV, NOMOUTV, and NOMPOWER to net clients
  • Fix missing WALL in apccontrol (debian bug #546019) http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=546019
  • Change all time/date strings to simplified ISO format: \"YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS +/-UTC\"
  • Fix battery voltage readout on \"Back-UPS 500 FW: 6.3.I USB FW: c1\"
  • Remove obsolete image files from source tree
  • Fix issues with popup.exe running when it shouldn\'t and sometimes hanging and/or generating an \"Interactive Services Dialog Detected\" error.
  • Use /kill switch from the installer to shut down running instances of apcupsd and apctray. This will provide more reliable termination on Vista/Win7.
  • Update apctest to use \'Q\' to exit any menu instead of a number that is always changing. Contributed by James Belleau
  • apctest: Fix compiler warnings. Contributed by Andy O\'Shaughnessy

Join over 500,000 subscribers.

Subscribe for our newsletter with best Mac offers from MacUpdate.

1 APCUPSD Reviews

Rate this app:

Reddog99
07 November 2009

Most helpful

If you're not comfortable with the concept of 'building' your own applications and editing configuration files to alter your preferences, then this app is not for you. I gave it a stab and (probably) failed. I was never sure if I had it installed right. Worst of all, I can't figure out how to uninstall the program...
Like (2)
Version 3.14.7
Reddog99
07 November 2009
If you're not comfortable with the concept of 'building' your own applications and editing configuration files to alter your preferences, then this app is not for you. I gave it a stab and (probably) failed. I was never sure if I had it installed right. Worst of all, I can't figure out how to uninstall the program...
Like (2)
Version 3.14.7
3 answer(s)
Tapper
Tapper
21 January 2010
Yes, not easy to install and configure. I did so but reverted back to Apple's UPS pref pane. Uninstalling this app was difficult. Good app if you need what it offers.
Like
Version 3.14.7
Tim27
Tim27
25 June 2010
How do you uninstall it?
Like
Version 3.14.7
SickTeddyBear
SickTeddyBear
02 August 2010
And let me add that everyone is correct, this program is definitely not for newbies. It is intended for sysadmins who manage multiple servers, not desktop users to play around with. The built-in energy settings of Mac OS X are all that 99% of people need to handle their UPS. This app is for the other 1%.
Like (2)
Version 3.14.7
Free

0.0

App requirements: 
  • Intel 32
  • PPC 32
  • or later
Developer Website: 
Download(517 KB)

Downloaded & Installed 4,548 times