Candelair is an alternative driver for the built-in IR receiver as found in many Mac's today. It provides a clean, global fix for Apple Remote issues many users are experiencing with third party applications under Snow Leopard releases 10.6 and 10.6.1. It's based on Remote Buddy's driver and comes packaged in a preference pane that presents all remote control options at a glance. Candelair is a free download.
- Global fix for Apple® Remote IR Receiver locking issues - as seen under OS releases 10.6 and 10.6.1
- Pairing always available - remotes can be paired regardless of whether an
Note: Now requires OS X 10.6 or later.
- Support for macOS Sierra.
- Candelair is now natively using Apple's new USB stack (introduced with El Capitan) on macOS 10.11 and later.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Mac with built-in Apple IR receiver