Duo test with iTube Grabber and iTubeX
Did several tests with both utilities and this is what I came up with:
* Both capture most stream videos with no problems from the leading video sites.
* Both can convert the downloaded flv videos to several codecs. However, iTube Grabber can do this automatically and without the need to install 3th-party packs. iTubeX needs the Perian pack to do this. Not a big deal but some people do not like to install extra stuff. Worth mentioning.
* Both have a very good integrated browser detecting a full acid test.
* I like the iTube Grabber interface more then the dull Safari like iTubeX. It goes without saying this is a personal preference.
* iTube Grabber has a neat stream history. Incredibly handy to catch hidden streams on some pages. This said, multi streams on one page is not very common but if it is there you can make the best of it. iTubeX does not feature this.
* iTubeX does not have a visible indication if there is a stream found. iTube Grabber tells the user this by a red grab button.
* iTube Grabber lacks a browse history.
* iTube Grabber has a "true" OS X interface. iTubeX has some issues (no correct Safari button behavior, no correct preference window, no correct about window, refreshing does not work correct - you have to press it twice, there is no shortcut to close windows and some more tiny bity annoyances)
* iTubeX has multi language support. iTube Grabber not.
Both utilities do what they advertise namely grabbing videos and they both do a very good job.
iTube Grabber has a advantage of doing some operations automatically such as converting, a stream history and having a "true" OS X interface.
This gives iTube Grabber a small overall advantage for me.
iTube Grabber is still in beta so I guess we can expect some more improvements.
Therefore it is fair to rate iTube Grabber one star more then iTubeX.