Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for Mac OS X.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec more...
- XML output: line breaks and indents in between attributes for readability
- Trace feature: XML trace update, only if compiled with trace feature
- Amazon S3 support (REST API v2), CLI/DLL only and if compiled with libcurl support
- FFV1: improved slice analysis (currently activated only with trace feature and for 1st frame)
- OS X 10.6 or later