Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for OS X.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, tree)
- Export information as text
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell
- Tree view for Windows: present the results at the top of the tree
- QuickTime: support of Panasonic AVC-Intra 50/100/200 without SPS/PPS ("aixx" and "AVin" CodecID)
- More QuickTime/MP4/AVC/HEVC color descriptions based on future ISO 23001-8:201x/PDAM1
- FFV1: handling 16+ bitdepth (YUV and RGB) while handling buggy version <= 3 YUV 16-bit streams
- OS X 10.6 or later