is a framework designed to send messages through an SMTP server. Originally created for one of my applications Massive Mail
The framework was designed using the MailDelivery class (part of the Message framework) as model and to cover the following needs.
- I want to import accounts from Mail.app (if I need to create a "Accounts Preference Pane" most of the job is already done).
- I want to send messages from different places of my application, so, I want to send messages without having to write dozens or hundreds of lines of extra code.
- I don't want to deal with Keychain to send emails, but I want Keychain support to store my passwords (including MobileMe accounts)..
- If a message could not be sent, I want to know the reason..
- I want to include custom message headers..
- I want SSL and TLS support..
- I want to be able to send multipart, HMTL and plain text messages, but I do not want to read dozens of RFC's in order to do that..
- Sometimes I want to provide my own source.
- If something went wrong, I want my application be able to send emails through Mail..
The MailDelivery framework (free and open source) will do that and a lot more for you.