alerts you as you approach police speed traps, red light cameras, and speed cameras.
* A Time Magazine top 10 iPhone App for Dads
(also available for other phones, see trapster.com) " Trapster maps out where speed traps are in real time, a boon to my occasionally spirited driving. " - Roy Furchgott, The New York Times " Trapster is a new, geopositioning-based anti-ticket technology all driving enthusiasts will want to know about. " - Arthur St. Antoine, Motor Trend Join 1 million mobile users world-wide, with over 600,000 of those using the iPhone!
It's a high tech way to do the same thing people have been doing for years with CB radios and flashing headlights at other drivers to warn them of a speed trap ahead. Social networking meets radar detectors. It works using the GPS and WiFi location capabilities of your iPhone. Now also with local search (e.g. " pizza " ), directions, traffic, and a trip recorder feature with geotagged photo support. Features: - World ' s most complete and up to date speed trap and camera database with 400,000 traps reported. - Real time alerts for police radar/laser speed traps, mobile speed cameras, and checkpoints. These traps automatically expire because they are not permanent.
- Alerts for red light cameras, fixed speed cameras, and known speed trap locations.
- Virtual Radar(TM) dynamic alert area narrows and e longates based on your speed and direction of travel.
- As of iPhone 3.0, Trapster uses the native iPhone MapKit with Google maps for the best possible mapping experience on the iPhone.
- As you approach a reported trap a spoken voice alert will play, and on-screen icons will animate, according to the type of trap (for example " Live Police! " ). - Report traps that you see by simply tapping the screen.
- Rate traps submitted by other users (agree/disagree).
- The system learns the credibility of users over time based on how many other users agree with the traps they report.
- " Push " notification starts the app via the Trapster real time live police report text messaging system. * My Trips feature
- This feature broadens the scope of the app beyond speed traps, to a useful and fun travel tool.
- Record your trips, see them in the app, and on the Web.
- Share your trips with your friends and family. They can watch your progress in real time from any computer, or iPhone. - Geo-tag your trip with photos and notes about interesting things you see.
- Privacy: Keep your trip totally private, share it with the world, or share it only with certain people you choose.