Developer website: JumpBox, Inc
Benefits of running a JumpBox Deploying an application as a JumpBox provides a dramatically-reduced path to getting started with the software. Aside from installation benefits it yields other advantages such as portability across computing environments and simplified ongoing maintenance of the application. Here are a few of the benefits to using a JumpBox:
- Mac-like usability for server applications that typically require command-line interaction and complicated setup scripts.
- Self-contained deployment means it's easy to move or delete - it won't scatter files all over your Mac's file system.
- Runs equally well under Parallels or VMware Fusion on OSX.
- Use the snapshotting features of your virtualization software to experiment fearlessly with your JumpBox without danger of breaking the application irreparably.
- New versions of the JumpBox contain updates to each component in the software stack so there's no patching Web servers, application servers, databases, dependencies, etc.
- A web-based administration console simplifies the management of your application including SSL certs, email relaying, SSH, backups and more.
- Once you know how to install a JumpBox you can deploy any of 50+ other JumpBoxes and take advantage of a growing library of conveniently-packaged Open Source software.
- This is a maintenance release. The included version of the application has not changed
- Virtualization software. Any of:
- VMWare Fusion
- Xen Open Source
- For easiest use: a network that assigns dynamic IP addresses. (Most do)
- 3 GB Free disk space