Developer website: Isis Imaging Corporation
Icefields enables photographers to produce stochastic screened images on an image by image basis. Icefields is not a typical RIP. It creates halftone documents for off-line and off-site reproduction.
Uses for Icefields:
- Photographers use Icefields to produce imagesetter film for digital platinum and dye prints
- Graphic designers place the Icefields TIFF on an page instead of the usual contone photograph, ensuring reproduction quality
- Prepress operators use Icefields to solve moire and detail reproduction problems in that one troublesome photograph
- Reduces the amount of ink needed
- Provides a larger gamut than traditional halftones
- Eliminates moiré patterns
- Displays greater detail
- Many more features
Version 6.6: Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
- OS X 10.7 or later