(the little brother of the iCab browser for the Mac) is a Web browser for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It provides many features which makes surfing in the Web much easier.
Here are some of the key features:
- Support for Bookmarks
- You can easily access the previously visited sites (History)
- You can access all the Web sites that are found in the address book of the iPhone or iPod Touch
- Support for Tabs. You can open links in new Tabs, in the current Tab or let the Web page decide where to open links. You can also let the app open Tabs in the background.
- The Fullscreen mode hides all toolbars so the Web page can use the whole screen.
- Privacy Settings: Private Browsing mode where nothing is stored in the history. Delete history and cookies manually at any time or automatically when quitting.
- Searching is one of the most important actions in the internet. Therefore iCab Mobile provides some very powerful search features. You can select between different search engines when searching in the internet. The list of search engines can be extended very easy, just open a Web page with a search form and touch the button \"Add To Search Engines\". That\'s all. Now the newly added search engine can be selected in the \"Search\" view as well.
You can not only search for Web sites, you can also search for words and phrases within the currently displayed Web page.
- Filling out certain forms (for example for login-forms) over and over again using the virtual keyboard of the iPhone is nothing you want to do. iCab Mobiles lets you save the forms you\'ve filled out manually, so the next time you have to fill out the form, you can let iCab Mobil do this for you.
- iCab Mobile supports Filters (URL-based filters). The app comes with a list of filters which can filter out many advertisng banners. This list can be editied, so you can add new filters or remove/deactivate extisting ones.
- The URL completion feature helps you entering URLs in the URL field. Based on the letters you\'ve typed in, you\'ll get a list of URLs from the history or bookmarks you can select from.
- The app can start with a certain homepage but can also restore the Web pages and Tabs that were open when the app has quit before.
- iCab Mobile supports International Domain Names (IDN)
- There\'s a build-in \"help\" which explains all the setttings and features. Tap the tools/settings icon at the bottom right to find the \"help\".
Planned for future releases:
- Importing/exporting bookmarks
- Saving Web pages for offline usage (especially useful for iPod Touch users)