AtHome Camera is an iPhone/iPod Touch native application, which will connect to an AVS (AtHome Video Streaming) server running on your home computer. Not only can you watch live webcam images, but you can also record video on the server in H.264 format, PLUS you can play back recorded video files from the server to your iPhone or iPod Touch from anywhere, at any time, through 3G, EDGE or WIFI.
When you are not at home, during vacation or at work, have you ever wondered what's going on at home and wanted to have a look remotely? Now you can do it on your iPhone or iPod Touch, and you do not need to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars buying a video surveillance system. You can buy our AtHome Camera software for just a few dollars. If you already have a computer at home with one or several (up to 4) Web cameras, that's all you need to have a video surveillance system at home, since our PC software is completely free.
Currently, the PC server software can only run on Windows XP or Vista. Mac OS support coming soon.
The main features of the AtHome Camera are:
- You can remotely watch live images from the cameras at home on your iPhone or iPod Touch, anywhere, any time, on 3G, EDGE or WIFI;
- While you are watching the live images, at any time, you can press the record button below the live image to start or stop recording for that camera.
- Videos will be recorded in H.264 format and saved onto your computer. You can remotely browse and play back any recorded video on your iPhone/iPod Touch, just like Youtube.
- You can connect to and manage multiple computers (Home, office, etc) on your iPhone/iPod Touch, and each video server on every computer supports up to 4 Web cameras.
- For each camera, you can also specify 2 pre-scheduled time intervals for each day, to automatically start or stop video recording.
- You can remotely change all camera settings on your iPhone or iPod Touch, like video resolution (image size), frame rate (images per second), pre-scheduled recording time intervals, etc.
- All authentication connections between your iPhone and the streaming servers are encrypted.
- Each camera has two separate compression engines, one for recording and one for live image preview. In the case you watch live images on a very limited network bandwidth with very few frames per second, the recorded video on your home computer will not be affected, and will still be recorded with high quality with a pre-set frame rate.
- The AVS server has an auto setup function for easy configuration of your computer and router.
Note: Please download streaming server software first, before you buy AtHome Camera from App Store. Test your camera(s) and set up streaming URL and port for the server. Please visit for details.