Find Any File searches your local disks for files by name, creation or modification date, size, or type and creator code (not by content, though).
As there are other tools with a similar search operation, here are the special features unique to Find Any File:
- Has a new hierarchical view of the found items, making it much easier to browse 100s of items (see the screenshot).
- Can run as root user, finding really any file on your disk, even those that are hidden from normal users.
- Can save queries and run them again later.
Unlike Spotlight (i.e., the more...
- File Icons are fully opaque again.
- Makes sure windows appear on-screen when an external monitor gets detached.
- Fixes an issue where refreshing the Results takes an unusually long time.
- Solves an issue with OS X 10.10.2 where opening more than six items failed.
- Fixes issues with deleting items on a network volume.
- Fixes issues (lockups) more...
- OS X 10.6 or later