Wattulator is an energy cost calculator. It calculates the approximate cost per hour, day, month, and year for the amps, watts, or kilowatts, using the cost per Kilowatt-Hour that you enter. Quickly see approximately how much an electric appliance costs to run.
- Set the cost per Kilowatt-Hour (KWH)
- Select Amps, Watts, or Kilowatts
- Set the desired AC voltage (100
- 240 volts)
- Set the Power Factor, (use 100% if unknown)
- Set the amps, watts, or kilowatts slider
- The cost per hour, day, month, and year is computed and displayed, assuming constant usage.
- Previously entered values are remembered next time Wattulator is run.
The cost is only approximate, due to several factors:
- Cost per KWH is tiered by most power suppliers. Enter cost for the desired tier, but recognize that actual costs may be different depending on your power company's billing policies and total energy consumed.
- Power Factor is an estimate because appliance manufacturers don't typically specify a value. An incandescent light has about 100% power factor. An electric motor is in the range of 60%-80%.