Have you ever wondered as you are struggling up a steep hill on your bike or battling a strong headwind just how much power you are generating? BikePower is a simple way to estimate your power output under just such conditions. It is inexpensive, yet it provides valuable insight into your ability to produce power.
- Results are computed for your specific parameters.
- US or metric units
- Provides two ways to estimate your power output: 1) Ride up a known grade and note your speed. 2) Ride on flat terrain and note your speed. BikePower will tell you how much power was required to achieve your speed.
- Power calculation includes: Uphill / Downhill grade based on weight of bike + rider Headwind / Tailwind based on altitude and rider\'s aerodynamic drag area Rolling Resistance of your tires Transmission Efficiency
- Reasonable default values are provided for all parameters
- Complete instructions are provided on the website
Use BikePower to evaluate \"what-if\" scenarios: What if I lost 5 lb. How much faster could I go? What if I bought a lighter bike. How much faster could I go? What if I put fat tires on my bike. How much slower would I go? If I lived at 5000 feet altitude, how much faster could I go?