Developer website: Greg Hedlund
Cryptomfs uses a directory to store encrypted files. The mountpoint will provide access to the unencrypted data, but no data is ever written to the harddisk without encryption. Cryptomfs is a MacFUSE implementation of cryptofs by Christoph Hohmann.
- Filesystems are packages so they behave like disk images in Finder (e.g., Double clicking on the .cryptofs package will mount the filesystem.)
- Passwords are entered using a dialog.
- Keychain support.
- Custom volume names for mounted filesystems.
- Custom icon support for mounted filesystems.
- Easy creation of new filesystems.
- Filesystem configuration is saved in a plist file.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later, MacFUSE.