Developer website: Mozilla.org
Unfortunately the Web browser, which was originally designed for reading documents, is not an ideal environment for running applications. It is frustrating and time-consuming to wade through a mass of browser windows and tabs just to find your email client. Unstable applications can slow down or crash your entire browser. And many of the conveniences offered by modern operating systems are unavailable to Web apps running in the browser.
The Best of Both Worlds
This is where Prism comes in. Instead of running all your Web apps in the browser, Prism lets you run them in their own window just like normal applications. A single faulty app or Web page can no longer take down everything you are working on. In the future, we will be releasing Web app bundles from the Prism developer community that let you customize your application to use many of the operating system features common to a desktop application.
Prism is based on the same world-class browsing engine as Firefox to ensure maximum compatibility with the entire range of applications available on the web, today and in the future.
- 494133 Set As Desktop Background not available when Prism extension is installed
- 506886 Check override.ini for environment variables if not found in application.ini
- 508575 Click handler is not attached when login manager is disabled
- 509021 Make notification API more flexible by allowing optional arguments and an onclick handler
- 509294 Prism fails when Web app URI does not have a base domain
- 517892 Provide platform glue with access to the associated window object
- 527260 Patch to add restore minimized window functionality to JS-API
- 527827 Build fails because prism/Makefile is missing in makefiles.sh
- 528903 Stub reports missing Microsoft CRT DLL
- 535194 Crash on Mac when registering unknown protocol handler
- 535197 Enable maximize on first run