Plum Record... There are so many interesting and important sounds in our lives. Wouldn't it be nice to record them conveniently on your ever present cell phone? Now with Plum Record and the Apple iPhone you can.
Easily record interviews, lectures, songs, shopping lists, medical notes, to do lists, bird calls, legal notes, environmental sounds, meetings, lyrics, car sounds (to play for Clik and Clak on Car Talk), reminders, ideas, audio books, diary entries, your childs first words, singing, instrumentals, street musicians, comedy, sermons, book clubs, choirs, news, podcasts, science notes, observations, the list goes on and on.
Sounds in Plum Record can be tagged with photos, and text. Multiple tags can be added at different locations in a sound file. These tags can then act like bookmarks allowing you to jump to different sections of the sound file instantly.
After creating your sounds you can transfer them using our (free) Plum Record Server which runs on your Mac. Mac 10.5 version is here
and Mac 10.4 is here.
- Record, pause, continue, rewind easily using familiar controls and a beautiful interface.
- See elapsed time and time remaining.
- A very familiar interface and controls.
- Files named automatically, rename sound files easily.
- Library to keep sounds in and arrange in folders.
- Create hot tagged (colored) folders for sounds.
- Folders and sounds can be selected and deleted or rearranged by dragging.
- Sound levels meter and displays peak.
- Tag sounds quickly with multiple photos or instances of text.
- Easy to use and view even outdoors.
- Plum Record Server to transfer even big files to your Mac and soon Win and Linux.
- Works with larger interface in rotated mode.
- Choose the sampling rate for high or low res files.
- Change the skin/interface for recording.
- Change files recorded on the iPhone to other formats like WAV, MP3, MP4, AAC, 3GP, AC3, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, Next/Sun, Sound Designer II, 3GPP2, etc.
- Doesn't use a microphone for an icon. :)
- Big surprises on the way...