Developer website: The Highly Technical Doohickey Company
TickerMenu makes it simple to keep an eye on current stock prices by displaying them in your OS X menubar. Just pick a trading symbol from your list of favorite stocks and TickerMenu will update the quote at the interval you choose.
- Build a list of the stocks of interest to you. TickerMenu will keep current price information in your menubar and inside the menu.
- Select the information to be displayed in your menubar and inside the menu: the stock's ticker symbol, its current price, its price change for the day and its percentage price change.
- Choose "More Information" to jump directly to detailed information about your stock available from your choice of several popular financial websites.
- Quotes are color-coded to reflect daily increases (green) or decreases (red) in price, but you can choose a greyscale appearance if you prefer.
- Click on the quote to see more information about your stock's trading activity, including the day's high, low and volume.
- TickerMenu is a Universal Binary application that is compatible with Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Version 2.1.1 of TickerMenu is a free update recommended for all users.
- Fixes a bug which could cause the application to crash with a NilObjectException under some circumstances. If this problem recurs after the update, please post details in the forum.
Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later