Developer website: Sam Freney
Paradigmatic aims to help you learn and re-learn Biblical verb paradigms, both Hebrew and Greek. Any student of Biblical languages should find this program useful. We will assume a certain level of knowledge of Greek and/or Hebrew - it won't teach you fundamental grammar - but it will help you drill in and learn what you already know. You can view whole paradigms, test your recognition skills, and view a whole range of grammar tables relating to Biblical Greek and Hebrew.
Now with Greek!
- Extra Aorist/Perfect participle information for select -μι verbs, for you masochists out there.
- Greek Parser Fix: Correct entry now no longer displays user selection, rather it tells you the actual entry.
- Greek Parser Fix: Multiple entry drawer now opens when a given word matches more than one entry.
- Greek Parser Fix: If constraints are selected in the middle of parsing a word, system resets itself to a sensible state.
- On Leopard Systems, drop-down sheets appear to function differently, and don't yet work properly in Paradigmatic. This means that the Editor functionality won't work properly if you've got OS X 10.5 installed. Sorry, I can't promise I'll have this fixed any time soon (unless someone wants to sponsor development by buying me a copy of Leopard, or even Snow Leopard... ).
Paradigmatic Version 1.0.1
- Nasty bug which didn't properly create an initial database for clean/new installs fixed. (Thanks Bek.)
- Signed application for Sparkle updates - now you can be sure you're getting Paradigmatic from me, not some malicious source.
Paradigmatic Version 1.0.0
- Entire functionality of Hebrew Paradigmatic extended to cover Koine Greek. This is obviously a big change:
- Data includes entire verb table for λυω, and the majority of info (principal parts) for a number of irregular verbs
- Viewing, parsing, and editing works as for Hebrew.
- Grammar Aids include Noun/Article/Pronoun tables, letter combination rules, and a verbal aspect summary (according to Constantine Campbell).
- Nomenclature can be altered in the Preferences window, allowing switching between Aspectual labels (Qatal, Yiqtol, etc.) or Temporal labels (Perfect, Imperfect, etc.).
- Qal Wayyiqtol קטל corrected.
- When selecting sets for parsing, answer drop-down menus are selected automatically to make answering quicker.
- Save disabled when paradigm/entry sheets disabled, to avoid data corruption
- Only one window of each type (viewer, parser, etc.) can be opened, as the buttons are disabled when windows open, and are only enabled on closing.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
*Previously available here
*Previously available here