iconXprit is basically a background icon tool to provide a Finder service. It makes it easy to attach custom icons to desktop items such as folder. Three sorts of add-ons - image, color and text - can be added as layers and removed separately.
- Define group colors or use any color freely.
- Strings added via the text panel are editable and searchable.
- The editor panel contains various tools to modify combined images: resize, relocate, transform, apply several effects, add text and clip.
- Edit-settings can be saved as templates accessible from the service
- Internal adjustments for compatibility and stability.
- A slider "opacity" is added to the Preferences / Colors to adjust opacity of attaching colors in whole.
- A menu item "Relaunch Finder" is added to the iconXprit status item menu. Selecting this works mostly to update custom icons of aliases / symlinks on OS X 10.10 Mavericks and OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- OS X 10.9 or later