Lightsoft Weather Center
(LWC) is weather station software for the Davis Vantage, Vue, Envoy & Monitor, La Crosse WS-2300 series, Oregon Scientific WMR 928/968 and WeatherHawk weather stations.
As data is gathered and stored in its database LWC allows you to view weather statistics such as the lowest temperature, or the highest wind speed over any time period stored in the database. In addition LWC contains a journal for weather notes and can generate Web pages containing current conditions, graphs, statistics and a web-cam image. LWC can upload these Web pages to your server for display via a Web browser anywhere in the world.
LWC also monitors the weather and can run a set of pre-defined and user programmed alerts that can trigger emails, send SMS messages to your mobile phone and/or run scripts should an alert trigger.
Lightsoft Weather Center offers the following main features:
- Integration with Davis Vantage, Monitor and Wizard stations along with the La Crosse WS 23xx range of weather stations.
- Can upload to Wunderground Personal Weather Station pages
- CWOP upload - user programmable server list, ports and upload time (with random variation).
- Custom Web page processing - takes your Web pages, replaces weather tags with current data, graphs, dials, web-cam imagery and FTP to your Web server
- Custom CGI driver - can drive a CGI on your Web server with current weather data in close to real time. Simple example php scripts included.
- A local network client can display weather station gauges on any machine on your local network.
- Can record data for two other locations via data obtained from: weather.com, wunderground, NOAA or METAR.
- Continuous and unlimited recording, monitoring and analysis of weather data for up to three locations.
- Provides graphs of temperature, dew point, wind chill, wind speed, wind direction, precipitation, cloud base, internal temperature, internal humidity and barometric pressure.
- Can graph and display conditions for any date in the database; dates can be entered using natural language; for example 'last wednesday'. Graph scales range from 1 to 56 days.
- Continuous statistics calculation and display.
- Continuous database timeline maintenance; if LWC misses samples, data is interpolated between last know good sample and the latest.
- Database query facility; for example querying the total rainfaill over a given date range.
- A journal, linked to the database for recording your own weather notes.
- Web page generation and upload to Web server of current conditions, graphs, Web cam image, statistics and journal.
- Export of data from any date range within the database.
- Additional sources of weather data for comparison purposes or keeping an eye on other locations include weather.com, The Weather Underground, The Weather Underground Personal Weather Pages, METAR and NOAA. Backup sources can be specified.
- Three pre-programmed alerts; ice, rain and clear sky.
- Unlimited number of user programmed alerts.
- LWC can send email, SMS message (via modem) and run scripts when an alert is triggered.
- In-built test system for custom alerts.
- Independent units for each of the six main data types.
- The current weather can be spoken.
- Daily data email; sends tab-delimited data email for any or all locations.
- LWC can collect, display and animate satellite imagery.
- Weather records can be notified via email.
- Can record and upload webcam images and time-lapse movies via QuickTime compatible camera.