Strata Foto 3D CX lets you use a standard digital camera to capture real-world objects as fully textured 3D models. Its ideal for difficult to model objects like organic shapes, soft forms and hand made items. Foto 3D models are ideal for developing packaging, games, illustrations, online catalogs and more.
- Sophisticated Camera Support: Strata Foto 3D CX provides automatic camera support to deal with lens distortion, focal length and image factors specific to particular camera models. Correcting these factors ensures the highest possible fidelity in model capture.
- Automated 3D Space Orientation: A special calibration mat - which can be printed out directly from Strata Foto 3D CX - aids the software in generating 3D model data. This mat allows Foto 3D to calculate where the camera is in 3D space for each image. This orientation information then allows Foto 3D to automatically capture features from the images to build the 3D object.
- Feature Pinning: Allows the Use of Any Photo Set. For projects that don't allow for use of the calibration mat Strata Foto 3D CX now provides direct control using a pin user interface. This allows you to specify the surface area details important to a high quality capture. This new feature allows the use of photograph sets from virtually any source - including video frames, aerial photos and any large object that cannot be brought into a studio setting.
- Integrate with Adobe Photoshop for Model Creation: Part of the process of generating a model from photographs involves separating the background from the object. Foto 3D provides powerful color-key tools to automate this process.
- Interactive Model Adjustment: Once the geometry is generated, Strata Foto 3D CX gives you the ability to interactively modify the surface polygon detail ("decimation"). A clipping plane is also provided, allowing you to trim the base of the model to ensure a flat base where desired.
- Import Models to Photoshop or Strata 3D CX Suite: Models can be sent as a 3D layer to Photoshop Extended design projects, where the 3D object can be painted on, rotated, lighting adjusted, and more. Models can also be imported into Strata Design 3D CX and Strata Live 3D CX to continue your creative journey to wherever you desire.