Developer website: jens-olaf
MacGLide is a shared library for Apple Mac computers that emulates 3Dfx Voodoo Graphics hardware. It makes it possible to run games originally made for 3Dfx/Glide without the hardware by translating Glide-function calls to OpenGL.
- Improved rendering quality for Tomb Raider 1 Gold:
- geometry analysis (and correction) for removing background-colored gaps between landscape tiles.
- Runtime analysis of texture content for removing texture border artefacts caused by anisotropic filtering/mipmapping and the way TR1 stores its textures.
- adjustable Gamma Bias
- Optimisations for the framebuffer emulation (Carmageddon, Falcon 4.0):
- Altivec Velocity Engine optimised color format conversion for maximum performance on slower machines
- Fiddling with the cache lines in order to optimise memory bandwidth usage on G4-based systems
- Only downloading the parts of the framebuffer to the GPU that actually have changed, skipping any unchanged data
- resolution cap config setting allows for setting the maximal resolution ever requested by MacGLide (useful if resolution doubling is enabled)
- Revised and extended preferences system
- Default settings for all games
- Game specific settings
- Oh yes, older settings are again reset (hopefully for the last time)
- Code refactoring as a preparation for Control Panel
- Code refactoring as a preparation for texture replacment (a la Tomb Raider Xtra)
Mac OS X 10.3 or later