The Dolet for Finale
software is a plug-in for the Finale music notation program that reads and writes MusicXML 3.0 and Open Score Format files. It provides faster, more accurate translations than Finale's built-in MusicXML support.
Dolet 6 for Finale is designed to work together with the Dolet 6 for Sibelius plug-in to give the best transfers possible from Sibelius 6 to Finale. When going the other way, from Finale to Sibelius, MusicXML files are the only way to move Finale files to Sibelius 6 or 7. Exporting with Dolet 6 for Finale gets you the best results possible in Sibelius.
Dolet 6 for Finale adds support for MusicXML 3.0 and Finale 2012. MusicXML 3.0 makes possible many of Dolet 6 for Finale's new features, including improved instrument sound transfers, support for the Finale Mallets and Finale Percussion fonts, winged repeats, square brackets for groups, text alignment for dynamics, better export of enclosed text, better microtonal accidental support, and more.
Even if you are using Finale 2012, Dolet 6 has many advantages:
- Better file exchange with Sibelius. Dolet 6 for Finale adds support for importing feathered beams, text in glissando lines, credits on blank pages, engraved vs. handwritten music fonts, and German/ Scandinavian chord styles. It improves support for importing jazz articulations and optimized systems. Dolet 6 also exports locked system formatting more accurately than Finale 2012, giving more reliable conversion of page layout.
- More formatting control. Dolet 6 for Finale lets you import a MusicXML file into an empty document with your own specific template settings. The MusicXML import will then respect the formatting settings in your empty document as much as possible. Finale 2012 always opens a new document, so you always getting the formatting from your default Finale file.
- Full batch translation. Dolet 6 lets you translate an entire folder of MusicXML files into Finale files, or an entire folder of Finale files into MusicXML files. If you have a lot of files to transfer, this is an enormous time saver. Batch translation requires Finale 2004 or later and is not included in the 10-day free trial.
- MusicXML XSD schema support. Dolet 6 for Finale includes an option to validate against the MusicXML XSD schema definition. This is a stricter definition of the MusicXML 3.0 format, and will catch more errors during validation than the MusicXML 3.0 Document Type Definition.
- Open Score Format support. Dolet 6 for Finale includes an option to read and write Open Score Format files.
- Works with more versions of Finale. Dolet 6 works with Finale 2000 to 2012 on Windows, Finale 2007 to 2012 on Intel Macs, and Finale 2004 to 2012 on Power PC Macs running OS X.
- More frequent updates. Dolet 6 includes regular maintenance updates to keep making translations ever more accurate. Our previous Dolet 5 release had six maintenance updates. Finale releases typically have one or two maintenance updates. Check out the changes in our full Dolet 6 release in the Version History.
Do you want to read files from scanners like SharpEye Music Reader and capella-scan? Exchange files with Sibelius users? Create files for use in digital sheet music players like Legato and OrganMuse? Dolet 6 for Finale lets you exchange music between applications more accurately than ever before. Finally, the limits to digital sheet music exchange are gone.