Developer website: Olivier Gutknecht
S3 Browser is a Mac OS X administration tool for the Amazon S3 data storage service.
My goal is to build a small application useful in itself for developers or users subscribed to the S3 service, but also to provide example code showing how to access S3 through the REST API in a OS X Objective-C client application, on top of OS X technologies (Keychain, URL loading system, ...).
Basic S3 operations are implemented (bucket list/create/delete), objects deletion, upload and download (using streaming network code to be able to deal with large files). There is also a small low-level request inspector and a task console.
To use this application, you will need a Amazon WebServices account.
- Command-line version ! (contributed by Gerhard Poul, Thanks !). Check the s3util target in the Xcode project
- Privacy settings in upload are now saved across sessions (#42)
- Improvements in core network code (Gerhard, Michael)
- Improved compliance with S3 reference (Harmen)
- Additional safeguard dialog when removing objects (#43)
- Preparing support for virtual hosting buckets and european/us switch for next version
- Improvements to the upload/download rate displays