I like the way this one is shaping up. I finally got tired of iScrobbler causing iTunes to throw a 5 second beachball party everytime I changed tracks, so I decided to try ScrobblePod again.
Much happier with it this time. It's not causing large CPU spikes or locking up iTunes, and it successfully scrobbles tracks from my iPod with no setup required.
I notice it uses a lot of memory. Something this simple should not require 165 MB of real memory at any time (which is where it's currently sitting for me). I occasionally restart ScrobblePod, at which point its memory usage drops to about 75 MB. This is still much too high, IMO.
The exclusions are nice -- something I've wanted for awhile. I'd like to be able to enter multiple filter words (comma-separated in one input field would be fine), and I'm not clear on whether it will match the string anywhere inside the tag, or if it must be an exact match.
I like the small icon-buttons in the menu (easier to find the function you want than reading text menu options), but the sliding controls overtop of the song readout are somewhat impractical. The sliding animation is very slow, at least on my older PowerBook G4 (1.67 GHz Oct 2005). I would prefer to have all of the buttons in a row beneath the song readout, always visible.
All in all, a good scrobbler with the potential to be a great one. Needs a few UI tweaks, some serious memory use optimization, and a little more configurability for the filters, and it's good to go. In the meantime, this works pretty well as-is.