SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard drive's operation. The attributes can be used to detect when a hard drive is having mechanical or electrical problems, and can indicate when the hard drive is dying. This allows time to hopefully backup, and then replace the drive.
Run this utility once a week more...
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor.
- Dropped support for OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8
- Converted Menu Extra to use modern APIs
- Changed email sending to use TLSv1 or higher for security
- Fixed bug where Menu Extra status wouldn’t be tracked
- Fixed bug where Send Feedback and Crash Report more...
- OS X 10.9 or later